How is Bergamot Essential Oil made?
This tree is native to Southeast Asia, but was introduced to Europe, especially Italy, and is also found in Ivory Coast, Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria.
Bergamot oil is made from a tree that can grow up to four meters high, with star-shaped flowers and smooth leaves, with citrus fruits that resemble a cross between an orange and a grapefruit, but pear-shaped. The fruit ripens from green to yellow.
The oil is one of the most widely used in the perfumery and toiletries industry and, along with neroli and lavender, is the main ingredient for the classic 4711 Eau-de-Cologne fragrance.
The name is derived from the city of Bergamo in Lombardy, which is in Italy. The oil was first sold in the city of Lombardy.
- Common Name: Bergamot Essential Oil
- English name: Bergamot Oil
- Available volumes: 100 ml / 500 ml / 1 Liter / 2 Liter / 4 Liter / 8 Liter / 20 Liter
- INCI: CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA FRUIT OIL
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Aroma/scent: Fresh, lemony
- Origin: Italy
- Plant parts raw material: Peel
- GMO free: Yes
- Vegan: Yes
- Animal-free: Yes
- Allergen free: Yes
- Preservatives: No
- Reach compliant: Yes
- Paraben free: Yes
- Food Grade Status: Yes, flavoring
- IFRA: IFRA Certified
- Organic: Yes, SKAL certified
- Only for professional users
- If you cannot find the document, please contact us immediately before processing it. Some documents are sometimes under maintenance.
The information on this oil masters website has been compiled to the best of our knowledge and with the utmost care. However, Oliemeesters does not accept any liability for any damage that may arise from the application, use or misuse of the information and products. All oil masters products are for professional use only! Always read the SDS and/or PDS that can be found in your account first. Some oils can lead to unexpected allergic reactions. So always test first on a small scale on the skin in your elbow. When in doubt, it is recommended to always consult a doctor first. Our products are 100% pure natural products, seasonal and weather conditions can influence the harvest and therefore the product can vary per batch. The delivered natural products can have possible odor and color differences compared to previous deliveries. The oils are also processed and filled in our own production location, where nut oils are also filled! Always read the product label carefully before using or processing it.